Senior Legal Advisor
Permanent Senior EE position
JHB North, Gauteng
Market Related cost to company
Job 2258596 | Ref AF_1008_4752
Posted 08 Oct 2018 by Afrizan Personnel
About the Position
A well-known financial services provider is currently seeking an individual to assume the role of Senior Legal Advisor. The successful incumbent will be responsible for providing proactive professional legal advice and risk management services to the organisations internal clients in order to mitigate legal risk.
- Build sound professional relationships by understanding and consistently meeting client needs.
- Develop trusting professional internal relationships by keeping relevant stakeholders and users informed of any new changes to the law which may impact their business.
- Provide legal support for CIB Property Finance Africa transactions.
- Ensure that quality standards and best practices are met through assessing, monitoring and vetting of legal advice and/or opinions and the drafting of sound legal documentation that addresses all legal risk and taking corrective action where required.
- Assist in the attainment of business goals and objectives that will best mitigate legal risks by drafting, reviewing, settling and negotiating documentation and transactions with the view to implementing the legitimate expectations of the transacting parties.
- Improve business results and business processes by participating in the relevant committees and reporting on, and highlighting legal or reputational risks to management and/or relevant stakeholders for corrective action to be taken
- Drive to execute own planned development and achieve personal and professional growth by attending learning, seeking coaching or other industry or technical learning events and opportunities.
- Achieve goals and objectives by understanding and embracing the organisations’ vision and demonstrate the organisations’ values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression opportunities for self with input from management.
- Maintain knowledge management, and improve team success by sharing knowledge with team and stakeholders.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Organisational Culture building initiatives.
- Achieve key business strategies by participating and supporting corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Add value to the organisation by identifying and recommending opportunities to enhance processes, systems and policies and support implementation of new processes, policies and systems.
About The Employer
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Post Graduate Degree
- 8 to 10 yearsâ€™ experience as a senior legal advisor in banking and finance and property law
- Admitted Attorney Preferred Certifications
Kindly note, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of your application please consider it unsuccessful.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time