Senior Legal Advisor Group Compliance
Permanent Senior EE position
Cape Town Region, Western Cape
R900,000 - R1,000,000 pa cost to company
Posted 05 Oct 2018 by Outside Capital (PTY) Ltd
About the Position
The following are the key outcomes expected from this position:
- Identification of all regulatory measures, current and upcoming, impacting on Organisation , Life Insurance Limited or the Group as a designated financial conglomerate and insurance group;
- Assessment of the potential impact of the measures identified in terms of above;
- Advise on all the legal aspects, including risks, associated with the use of technology by entities in Group and draft agreements to manage and mitigate these risks;
- Advise on all the legal aspects, including risks, associated with data privacy and protection laws (existing and planned) in the jurisdictions where entities in the Group operate;
- Facilitate clear communication channels between all legal functions in the Group to ensure a free flow of information;
- Participate and assist in the performance of legal due diligence investigations where Organistion considers new ventures or entry into new jurisdictions as required;
- Participate and assist in the performance of legal due diligence investigations where any business in the Group considers new ventures or entry into new jurisdictions and where such steps may impact on the Group or other businesses in the Group;
- Provide legal services to Group Technology and Information that will include legal advice and support in respect of:
- General legal advice;
The vetting of legal terms & conditions to be used in agreements;
The vetting of IT- and commercial terms & conditions to be used in agreements;
The vetting, interpretation and drafting of IT contracts; and
Litigation advice and/or management.
- Attend to all legal aspects of intellectual property rights or trademarks in the name of Organisation
- Provide legal advice in support of the Company Secretariat, the Foundation, Group Marketing and any other Group service/ function that may require such advice;
- Coordinate the advice to the Board of all relevant regulatory developments and the potential impact thereof on the respective entities;
- Coordinate and facilitate the interpretation of regulatory measures applicable to the Group in a manner that ensures a consistent approach to implementation, but allows for justified variances in implementation due to unique business environments; and
- Act as coordinator between internal and external legal resources where it is required or where the interests of the Group demand such coordination.
Qualification & experience
- LLB Degree
- At least 7 - 10 years' experience
- Appropriate corporate experience, preferably in the financial services sector.
- An understanding of the complexities associated with a multi-national diversified financial service Group operating in multiple jurisdictions will be an advantage.
- vetting of IT- and commercial
- drafting of IT contracts
- data privacy and protection laws
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time