Senior Legal Counsel at LegalWise
Permanent Senior EE position
Cape Town CBD, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
Job 2230261 | Ref LW36/2018
Posted 02 Jul 2018 by LegalWise
About the Position
LegalWise seeks to employ the Senior Legal Counsellor to supervise the work activities of a team of Legal Counsellors providing instructions, guidance and support for the purposes of rendering first class legal advice and assistance to Members on labour, criminal and civil matters.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing advice to Legal staff with regards to solutions to legal matters and the correct application of the LegalWise Policy.
- Demonstrating an in-depth understanding of the case of the Member.
- Providing legal advice and assistance through one-on-one consultations or via telephone.
- Providing regular progress reports to Members.
- Conducting quality checks on case files.
- Addressing any concerns/queries on case files with team members timeously.
- Identifying and presenting opportunities that will enhance the quality of case files.
- Pursuing of all incoming correspondence relevant to Member case
- Drafting and submitting correspondence to Members as necessary
- Monitoring and promoting sound business practices within a Department in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Enforcing relevant policies and procedures within a Branch as necessary.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Completed Legal Degree (LLB, BProc, BJuris or BA Law) essential.
- Admission as an Attorney essential.
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years' post Admission experience.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role advantageous.
- Must relocate on own cost
- ITC/criminal check will be a requirement
- Must have valid driver's license and own reliable transport.
- Good people skills and able to liaise professionally and effectively on all levels -
- Empathy and patience in dealing with Members -
- Good consultation skills -
- Problem solving abilities and negotiation skills -
- Managing work (including time management) -
- Building customer loyalty and customer focus -
- Good communication skills -
- Following up and providing feedback -
- Must be proficient in English and one other official African language
Desired Qualification Accreditation
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time