Regional Legal Counsel
Permanent Senior position
Market Related cost to company
Job 2227203 | Ref PS007649TR
Posted 20 Jun 2018 by Prostaff Holdings
About the Position
A well-established global crop protection company requires the above to support their business in South Africa as well as Southern and Eastern Africa in providing legal support to the business, ensuring compliance and mitigating any potential legal risks.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- A BCom Law / LLB degree as well as completed articles is essential
- Must be an admitted attorney.
- 7 - 10 years’ experience within commercial law is essential
- Previous experience working for a big law firm would be advantageous as well as some corporate experience
- Ideally from Pharma, chemical or similar industries.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting strategy delivery by providing high quality, proactive, objective and commercially-orientated legal advice and assistance.
- Conducting legal research as needed to address and resolve legal issues facing various departments.
- Ensuring compliance with correct application of laws and regulations as well as providing analysis and interpretation of laws and regulations.
- Supporting and advising departments in order to preserve customer relations, preferably with a proactive approach designed to avoid, mitigate, or resolve claims and disputes.
- Drafting or supervising the drafting of legal documentation.
- Monitoring and managing litigation and claims, as well as supervising outside counsel by developing strategies, arguments, documents and testimonies in preparation of case presentation.
- Coordinating company representation in Court.
- Providing training regarding legal and company policy compliance as well as advising management regarding human resources issues.
- Assisting with M&A Activities as well as occasionally assisting the Global General Counsel with projects that affect the Business Unit.
Salary package, including benefits, are highly negotiable depending on experience gained.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time