Law Clinic Candidate Attorney Two at Stellenbosch University
Contract Junior position
Stellenbosch University, Western Cape
Undisclosed basic salary
Posted 16 Jun 2018 by Stellenbosch University
About the Position
The Law Clinic operates as a fully-fledged attorneys' office, delivering free legal services to the indigent, whilst at the same time training final year law students and candidate attorneys in the practical application of the law.
For further information and to apply, visit [URL Removed]
Enter into, and abide by, the required tripartite contract of service learning with a principal attorney and the Law Society. Duties include:
- Providing support to other practitioners within the firm on all aspects of legal practice;
- Assisting in the preparation of matters for trials or hearings;
- Conducting research and preparing legal opinions;
- Attending consultations with clients, witnesses and experts;
- Attending pre-trial conferences and trial proceedings;
- Liaising with counsel, experts, clients and opponents;
- Attending to the day-to-day management of files under the supervision of other lawyers;
- Drafting agreements, letters and other legal documents;
- Conducting other daily legal practices.
- An LLB qualification
- A valid driver's licence
- Strong legal writing skills
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to function effectively within a multicultural environment.
About The Employer
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Service Centre on Contact Number
Closing date: 22 June 2018
Commencement date: 1 August 2018
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at [URL Removed]
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within six weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time