Regional Legal Counsel
Permanent Senior position
R1,000,000 - R1,100,000 pa cost to company
Job 2225367 | Ref DUR001383KS
Posted 14 Jun 2018 by Sharon Nurock Recruitment
About the Position
This global manufacturing company is currently looking for an experienced Regional Legal Counsel. There will be some travel required, an annual trip to Kenya, Mozambique and Mauritius and an annual trip to the US.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:-
- B.Com Law / LLB.
- 7 to 10 years experience in Commercial Law.
Main Purpose of the Role:-
- Provide objective and professional legal advice and guidance in
relation to the company's SEA Business Unit (including
Mauritius and the Public Health Business) and EMEA Business Unit
shared legal services as required.
- Provide legal support for business strategy and objectives, including advice on complex legal and intellectual property matters, litigation management, drafting legal documents (including supply, sales, labour and distribution contracts and other commercial contracts in the ordinary course of business), advising the business as to legal rights, company secretarial management, and corporate compliance training.
- Manage and co-ordinate the deployment of appropriate legal
resource to maximise the performance of the business while
safeguarding the corporate interests of the company.
- Assist and co-ordinate the Insurance program implemented by the
- Implementation and/or follow the needed reporting (agreement /
claim & dispute / organisation chart, etc.)
- Assist and co-ordinate with LD insurance matters and program.
- Support delivery of SEA (Southern & Eastern Africa & Public Health) strategy by providing high quality, proactive, objective and commercially-orientated legal advice and assistance.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for the conduct operations.
- Conduct legal research as needed to address and resolve legal issues facing various departments.
- Comply with and ensure proper application of laws and regulations.
- Provide analysis and interpretation of laws and regulations. Training employees regarding legal and company policy compliance.
- Preserve customer interests by supporting and advising departments, preferably with a proactive approach designed to avoid, mitigate, and/or resolve claims and disputes.
- Draft or supervise drafting of legal documentation (e.g. contract; license, contract rights and obligations) regarding supply chain, sales, marketing, R&D, HR, intellectual property, and other commercial matters.
- Monitor and manage litigation and claims, and supervise outside counsel bydeveloping strategy, arguments, documents and testimony in preparation for case presentation.
- Co-ordinate company representation in Court.
- Advise management regarding human resources issues.
- Assist with M&A activities.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time