Permanent Senior position
King Williams Town, Eastern Cape
Market Related cost to company incl benefits
Job 2224419 | Ref PE000484LD
Posted 12 Jun 2018 by Headhunters
About the Position
Our client is a boutique law firm that currently has a fantastic opportunity available for a Conveyancer, at their King Williams Town office.
- Setting the right leadership example, both to his / her own department, as well as to other members of the firm by –
- Achieving cooperation from team members out of respect rather than fear;
- Setting the right example throughout the firm in terms of work ethic, personal conduct and crisis management.
- Developing the profile of the firm’s people, their skills, abilities and strengths / weaknesses in depth and skills.
- Understanding the necessity of getting things done through others.
- Constantly working at communicating, delegating, negotiating, resolving conflict, persuading, using / responding to authority / power.
- Understanding the obligation to use power appropriately and the danger of the inappropriate use of power.
- Harnessing the power of the firm by creating, organizing and energizing powerful teams, including the extent to which individuals within teams are encouraged to push the boundaries of their own team roles.
- Developing and assisting people by coaching, mentoring, counselling and developing them in any of the following disciplines – Law, Marketing, Sales, Finances, Career, Work-life Balance and Networking.
- Contributions in general to build for the firm’s future, by targeting better clients and better work.
- Achieving sustained value by originating (or playing a key part in originating) clients of the firm.
- Developing the firm’s client base to become and remain highly competitive.
- Cross-selling and introducing clients and referrers to others in the firm.
- Building marketing visions and strategies, which are long-term, compelling and market-focused.
- Building the firm’s brand, reputation and profile.
- Performing an ambassadorial role to assist in the building of networks and profile.
- Nurturing our client base.
- Fulfilling the on-going requirement to deliver excellent service to clients in the context of their particular needs.
- Working to produce new solutions, which create value to the clients.
- Consistently providing streamlined cost-effective services.
- Effectively building, developing and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Knowledge Management and Solutions, including –
- Taking responsibility in an effective manner for the management of the firm, its various management functions (e.g. Marketing, IT, Compliance), its departments and its sub-groups.
- Contributing creatively to the strategic planning of the firm and its implementation.
- Contributing to the building of the firm’s Intellectual Property, including precedents, templates, case management and workflows.
- Assisting in the development of leading edge Knowledge Management and high level technical knowhow.
- Demonstrating through his / her actions and the actions of the team compliance with the firm’s policies and procedures, including regulatory compliance and good practice in relation to the firm’s own policies on disbursements, bad debts and client care.
- Actively helping to build the firm’s processes and systems, which contribute to the firm’s ability to grow its business, including quality control / improvement, governance and management structure.
- Contributing to the development of a homogeneous culture and esprit de corps.
- Demonstrating the visions and values of the firm by example rather than in words alone.
- Evidencing continued development and commitment to developing competence and skills and challenging oneself to expand personal comfort zones.
- Acquiring new expertise and skills valuable to the firm.
- As a role model, demonstrating confidence and self-belief, consistently acting with integrity and naturally trusted by others.
- Providing an example of being self-initiating, self-starting, self-learning, committed and engaged.
- Displaying the ability to pursue goals with a deep sense of purpose and direction.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- 5+ Years’ Lodgment Experience at the Deeds Office
- Self-starter and highly motivated
- Strong Managerial Skills
Employer & Job Benefits
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time