Legal Advisor at The Automobile Association
Permanent Intermediate position
R30,000 - R32,000 pm cost to company incl benefits
Posted 13 Mar 2018 by Automobile Association of South Africa (AA)
About the Position
With an established national network of over 400 AA Quality Assured Service providers, it is to be expected that consumers may not always be entirely satisfied with the AAQA Affiliates services.
The new CPA is placing an onerous responsibility on the commercial relationships within the service value chain to ensure that services are delivered in line with the act. As such the Legal Advisor will be responsible for ensuring that formal complaints are logged onto the reporting system, fully investigated by him/her from both a consumer and AAQA Affiliate perspective and that applicable resolutions are facilitated and communicated back to consumers.
Whilst this is not the norm, the Legal Advisor will further be responsible for arbitrating and/or mediating disputes between aggrieved consumers and AAQA Affiliated businesses.
In addition, the Legal Advisor will be responsible for ensuring the quality of the AAQA directory listing by recommending and pursuing appropriate corrective countermeasure actions through the AAQA auditors and directly with the AAQA affiliates. Part of this responsibility is the ongoing monthly maintenance and reporting of the AAQA Affiliates CSI performance.
- BProc or LLB degree
- Admitted attorney/legal articles/law school
- Experience in a legal environment is essential
- 3-5 years experience in a customer-facing motor-related legal role
- Track record of automotive technical and customer-related advice
- In-depth knowledge of commercial and common law contracts
- Sound knowledge of CPA
- Complaints management expertise
- An accredited arbitrator would be advantageous
Desired Work Experience
- 2 to 5 years Legal Advisory
Desired Qualification Accreditation
About The Employer
- To empower road users and add value to their lives.
- Always do the right thing
- One team, one purpose
- Everyday heroes
- Find solutions
- Being the trusted and visible brand on all things related to road users in and outside SA.
Employer & Job Benefits
- Medical Aid
- Provident Fund
- Employee Wellness Programme
- Reward and Recognition Programme
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time