Senior Legal Counsel at MMI Holdings
Permanent Senior position
Undisclosed basic salary plus commission
Job 2185806 | Ref 21510C_30552308
Posted 01 Feb 2018 by MMI Holdings
About the Position
MMI Holdings Limited (MMI) is a South African based financial services group listed on the South African stock exchange, the JSE. The core businesses of MMI are long and short-term insurance, asset management, savings, investment, health care administration and employee benefits. These product and service solutions are provided to all market segments through operating brands Metropolitan and Momentum.
Division: Investments and Savings Centre of Excellence (ISCOE)
The purpose of this role is to provide quality service for the Legal function that fulfils a statutory, reporting and legal advisory service to all business units within the Investments and Savings Centre of Excellence (ISCOE) of the MMI Group in accordance with business requirements, as well as to advise on business direction based on legal risk management interpretation.
Responsibilities and work outputs include but are not limited to
* In collaboration with the Head: Legal plan for, implement and take joint accountability for the best practice framework of Legal Risk Management in response to the ISCOE business strategy
* Provide support to the Head: Legal in furthering the aims and objectives of the Governance Services function of the ISCOE
* Ensure that all internal contracting parties understand the content and implications of contracts proposed and/or entered into
* Evaluate contracts relative to the abovementioned business understanding and advise the business of the implications of all contracts
* Drive the management and amelioration of risk arising from litigation.
* Continuously strive to enhance and improve the Legal Risk Management processes at divisional and business unit level
* Contribute to the design, implementation, monitoring and reporting on a process to gather organisational feedback regarding the application of Legal Risk Management practices, processes and performance
* Represent and market this process internally to peers and internal clients
* Contribute to the identification of Legal Risk Management process issues, analysis of external benchmarks, and development of solutions to determine the best operational course of action
* Establish and promote healthy vertical and horizontal business processes that ensure efficient and effective client delivery within set expectations and agreed performance standards in the area of accountability and the overall optimisation of the value chain for Momentum Investments
* Drive and ensure compliance to the ISCOE governance, relevant legislation and risk mitigation strategies
* Implement and monitor service practices that meet clients and own organisations needs
* Ensure effective relationships and SLA management with internal and external stakeholders
* Build and maintain excellent relationships between the Legal Risk Management team and key internal interest groups
* Ensure optimised customer service when dealing directly with end-user clients
* Contribute to a service culture which builds rewarding relationships, proposes innovations and allows others to provide exceptional client service
Desired Work Experience
- 2 to 5 years Legal Advisory
Desired Qualification Accreditation
- Grade 12 / Matric
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time