Manager Cash Reconciliations at Standard Bank
Permanent Management position
Undisclosed cost to company
Posted 04 Jan 2018 by Standard Bank of South Africa
About the Position
Oversee the reconciliation team, providing direction and performance requirements, feedback, and reviews. Monitor and co-ordinate the cash reconciliation functions between the team for the various Global market desks post Settlement (S+1). Ensure that the outstanding cash items are investigated thoroughly and resolved. Monitor outstanding cash items and ensure all items are resolved within 7 days. Escalate outstanding items where required as per reconciliation policy. Ensure that all MI data is consolidated once all reconciliations are prepared. Ensure that all process documents and working instructions are kept current and up to date. Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external clients. Assist Management as and when required with query resolution. Sign off daily all recons and complete Codac.
- Delivering to our stakeholders - Monitor and co-ordinate the cash reconciliation functions and ensure escalations are performed within the specified timeframes
- Operational Risk and efficiency - Liaise with counterparties, Finance, BO staff or Traders as applicable for outstanding items.
- Continuous improvement - Analyze all current processes and strive for continuous improvement. Ensure that processes are kept current and up to date.
- Managing Operation Risk - Identifying risks and ensuring that there are adequate controls in place to minimize risks
- Process Control - Ensure that checklists are completed daily
- Matric is a minimum requirement and a Bcomm degree or Studies in the Financial Markets will be advantageous
- Knowledge of Foreign Exchange, Interest rate derivatives and Exchange traded Derivatives.
- 5-7 years' experience within the Global Markets
- 1-2 years accounting background experience will be advantageous
- Decision Making
- Expert in Excel
Desired Work Experience
- 5 to 10 years Banking
Desired Qualification Accreditation
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time