Senior Legal Adviser at Affirmative Portfolio
Permanent Senior position
R65,000 - R75,000 pm basic salary
Posted 20 Oct 2017 by Affirmative Portfolios
About the Position
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide corporate commercial legal advice.
- Structure and negotiate commercial/ financing transactions including project finance and cross-border financing transactions.
- Ensure compliance with internal legal and other procedures and policies.
- Identify and minimize potential legal risks and provide business solutions.
- Draft, review and negotiate banking and financing agreements, including security documents and other legal documentation.
- Make presentations on legal and regulatory developments.
- Conducting in depth legal due diligence investigations and report writing.
- Ensure client satisfaction by adhering to turnaround times and ensuring speedy delivery of legal services.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients, external legal counsel and other key stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain client and institutional relationships, locally and internationally.
Experience & Education
- LLB degree and Admission as Attorney.
- A minimum of three years' post-article experience in a commercial law [URL Removed] an associate in banking and finance practice (not litigation) or as an in-house legal advisor in the Banking environment
- Experience in the drafting and negotiation of structured finance, project finance, asset finance, corporate finance and cross-border transactions
- Independently deliver and provide guidance on highly complex projects
- Mentor juniors on areas of specialization
- Prioritise and deliver
- Proficiency to draft and negotiate various financing documentation, security documentation and other legal documentation
Desired Work Experience
- 2 to 5 years Legal Advisory
Desired Qualification Accreditation
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time