Legal Advisor at SET
Permanent Intermediate position
Cape Town, Western Cape
R700,000 - R750,000 pa cost to company
Job 2153339 | Ref 10-LA/lb
Posted 08 Oct 2017 by SET Recruitment Consultants
About the Position
Legal Advisor - Financial Services (Asset Management)
Global market leader in Financial Services has outstanding opportunity to join their dymanic legal team that supports the Group. The team ensures that the legal and regulatory business needs are satisfied by providing legal expertise and support for all legal and legal‐related matters, as well as for certain regulatory compliance‐related matters and company secretarial matters.
- Assisting the business to keep on top of relevant legislative, regulatory and industry changes
- Providing legal opinion, counsel and interpretation (which will include contractual drafting, vetting and negotiating)
- Providing clear and succinct reporting on legal developments and compliance
- Providing quality representation (internally and externally)
- Proactively assisting in prevention of non‐compliance with relevant legislation, regulation and contractual obligations
- Be responsible for assisting in a variety of assigned legal projects
- Act as counsel on basic issues involving company compliance with governmental and regulatory standards
- Review legal documentation and provide advice on appropriate action
- Coordinate legal matters requiring external legal assistance
- LLB degree (or equivalent) with completed articles and academic excellence (minimum average of 65%)
- Admitted attorney
- 3‐5 years practical legal experience (including articles), with exposure to Corporate/Commercial.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time