Legal Advisor at Interwaste
Permanent Specialist EE position
Undisclosed cost to company
Job 2145506 | Ref LS14092017
Posted 14 Sep 2017 by Interwaste Holdings
About the Position
The incumbent should be an admitted attorney with commercial law and environmental law specialties. The incumbent will be required to draft, amend, edit and review standard commercial agreements over a broad spectrum.
Additionally, the incumbent will be required to have knowledge of and ensure compliance by INTERWASTE with the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), including, Environmental Law and Compliance, the Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act (PPPFA), 2000 and its Regulations, King IV application knowledge for public sector organizations and entities and all other interrelated legislation and regulations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS;
- Com, LLB- must be an admitted attorney
- Valid Code 8 Drivers licence
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years legal experience, preferably within a JSE listed company in a similar role
- Must have minimum 5 years managerial experience
- Be able to interpret and utilise a wide scope of legislation
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Provide guidance to Interwaste in terms of new or amended legislation and the impact on Interwaste's business.
- Draft technically correct legal opinions and reports.
- Manage civil and commercial litigation as well as dispute resolution.
- Liaise with external legal counsel where necessary.
- Provide legal advice for Interwaste management and staff.
- Strong commercial law experience including drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: - A self-starter, showing high energy and strong action orientation. - Strong commercial understanding and inclination. - Strong values and integrity. - Strong ability to build and maintain relationships and networks both internally and externally. - Willingness to create a climate for optimal performance. - Must be willing to travel
- Legal research skills
- Solid decision making capability.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Communication (Written & Verbal)
- Strong Commercial experience
Desired Work Experience
- 5 to 10 years Legal Advisory
- 1 to 2 years Refuse Collection & Recycling
Desired Qualification Accreditation
- Professional Qualification
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time