Permanent Senior position
R800,000 - R900,000 pa cost to company incl benefits
Job 2128282 | Ref PGE03
Posted 26 Jul 2017 by Humanity SA
About the Position
Our client is seeking a talented, highly motivated and driven Legal Counsel. The Legal Counsel will report directly to the Head of Legal and will assist in the coordination of both internal and external legal services, provide input into the formulation and implementation of legal office strategy, and assist in ensuring compliance with various corporate governance requirements. A successful Legal Counsel must have a broad knowledge of all pertinent spheres of law applicable to the operations of a renewable energy business. Candidates possessing a strong blend of strategic, progressive and innovative mind sets will be given preference.
The Legal Counsel role will be accountable for assisting the Group Head of Legal with ensuring the overall legal health of the company.
- This will include:
- Managing the companies relationship with external legal firms
- Development and implementation of key processes in the legal office to ensure strong corporate governance and growth across all activities of the company
- provide legal advice and general commercial support to the company in respect of its activities.
More importantly, the role will consist of the following major areas:
- Legal Advice & direction
3.Management of External Legal Advisors and Third Party Service Providers
- Development of the Legal Services Office
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- 3-5 years Post Qualification experience;
- Renewable and natural energy experience is a major plus;
- Thorough understanding of Project Finance and major infrastructure transactions;
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques;
- A business acumen with a strategic ability and entrepreneurial aptitude;
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills;
- An analytical mind set with great problem-solving abilities;
- Excellent communication skills.
- project finance
- renewable energy
- performance evaluation
Desired Work Experience
- 2 to 5 years Legal Advisory
- 1 to 2 years Power Generation & Distribution
Desired Qualification Accreditation
- Professional Qualification
About The Employer
The employer is one of SA,s leading renewable energy local Independent power produces currently owning about 1300 MW of renewable base load power.
Employer & Job Benefits
- Annual Bonus
- Medical Aid
- Provident Fund
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time