Legal and Compliance Officer
Permanent Management EE position
Cape Town CBD, Western Cape
R600,000 - R800,000 pa basic salary plus benefits
Job 2082073 | Ref Brent Leeuw
Posted 16 Mar 2017 by Fides Recruitment
About the Position
Based in Cape Town
BEE candidates only!
KEY REQUIREMENT: We looking for suitable candidate with right exposure to the FSB (1st prize), or experience with dealing with Pension Funds from more than just an Admin perspective..
The Legal & Compliance Advisor shall demonstrate a sound understanding of the law to advise how best to package new Life Insurance innovations in a compliant manner. This requires a "fresh-thinking" and proactive approach.
- Drafting and vetting legal letters, documentation and agreements.
- Drafting / updating and managing corporate policies.
- Undertaking research and drafting legal opinions.
- Informing the business of relevant legislative changes.
- Working with other functional areas to offer legal support.
- Assisting with preparing of due diligence documents for prospective business partners and clients.
- Preparing and updating compliance logs and registers.
- Assisting with the preparation and input of information into regulatory reports.
- Assisting with internal compliance training.
- Preparing and submitting all required Notifications and Applications to the FSB.
- Preparing and updating FICA packs.
- Preparing and managing legal documents such as resolutions and CIPC forms.
- Assisting with organising Committee and Board meetings and preparing Board packs.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Relevant Tertiary qualification/s (BA / BCom LLB or equivalent) - DOES NOT have to be an admitted attorney.
- Minimum 2 years' post-qualification experience, in Financial Services.
- ESSENTIAL: Experience of working with acts applicable Financial Services Board (FSB)
- ESSENTIAL: Experience of working with the Pension Funds Act and the Long Term Insurance Act
- SA citizen.
*** PLEASE EMAIL YOUR UPDATED Word CV to brentfidesrecruitment
.co.za or contact Brent on cell number on Fides Recruitment website.
PLEASE NOTE: We read all the CV's that are sent to us. Due to a high volume of CVs received, our response time might be delayed but please just bear with us. IF HOWEVER YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM US WITHIN TWO WEEKS, PLEASE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
- Pension Fund Act
- Long Term Insurance Act
Desired Work Experience
- 5 to 10 years Legal Advisory
- 5 to 10 years Investments, Insurance & Assurance
Desired Qualification Accreditation
About The Employer
Insurance company based in Cape Town.
Employer & Job Benefits
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time