Contract Specialist position
Undisclosed basic salary plus benefits
Job 2071492 | Ref Special123
Posted 04 Aug 2017 by RecruitIQ
About the Position
- Develop a system for preparation of contractual documents, ensuring identification of standard and critical legal clauses to save the interest of the Company.
- Draft & negotiate contract & subcontract agreements and make business decisions and recommendations in accordance with polices and legislation applicable to the Company.
- Draft, vet, review issue, contractual notices in accordance with the signed contract
- Manage and enforce the change management process during project execution
- Compile and maintain contract documentation for the duration of the project
- Assist project managers with all aspects relating to the contract and ensuring compliance with relevant contractual requirements
- Assist project managers and other internal clients with drafting letters and other necessary documentation
- Responsible for the process of submitting and tracking of claims to the clients as per contract requirements
- Attending of client meetings when required
- Building of positive relationships with clients to promote the Company
- Monitors compliance to contract requirements ensuring all conditions are satisfied
- Initiates and/or conducts meetings with contractors concerning contractual problems as requested by Construction Project Manager.
- Prepare contractual claims including extensions of time, prolongation cost, acceleration cost, and all other contractual claims.
- Review tender documents, check and verify letter of Award and contract documentation
- Continuously review contract documents and ensure that company's contractual rights are protected and to advise on same.
- Follow-up contractual requirements such as Construction Performance Guarantees, Insurances and other such documentation.
- Prepare submission to mediation, adjudication and or arbitration
- Communicate with Consultants and Clients on Contractual matters, delays, extension of time, variations, warranties, etc., including co-coordinating same with other departments; attending Site Meetings if required.
Providing legal advice and guidance on all kinds of legal matters
- The Legal Specialist (Commercial) handles all work including preparation of agreements
- legal letters and documents for ensuring legal safety to the organization. Administers construction contracts including managing risk of contractual obligations relating to projects. Provides legal advice and guidance on all kinds of legal matters related to National Department of Health (NDoH).
Desired Work Experience
- More than 10 years Legal Advisory
- More than 10 years [other] Government & Local Government
Desired Qualification Accreditation
- Professional Qualification
About The Employer
Large government institution in Johannesburg
Employer & Job Benefits
- medical aid
- sick leave
- annual leave
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time