Contract Specialist position
Undisclosed basic salary plus benefits
Job 2071011 | Ref Special123
Posted 15 Sep 2017 by RecruitIQ
About the Position
- Develop a system for preparation of contractual documents, ensuring identification of standard and critical legal clauses to save the interest of the company.
- Draft & negotiate contract & subcontract agreements and make business decisions and recommendations in accordance with polices and legislation applicable to the company
- Draft, vet, review issue, contractual notices in accordance with the signed contract
- Manage and enforce the change management process during project execution
- Compile and maintain contract documentation for the duration of the project
- Assist project managers with all aspects relating to the contract and ensuring compliance with relevant contractual requirements
- Assist project managers and other internal clients with drafting letters and other necessary documentation
- Responsible for the process of submitting and tracking of claims to the clients as per contract requirements
- Attending of client meetings when required
- Building of positive relationships with clients to promote the company
- Monitors compliance to contract requirements ensuring all conditions are satisfied
- Initiates and/or conducts meetings with contractors concerning contractual problems as requested by Construction Project Manager.
- Prepare contractual claims including extensions of time, prolongation cost, acceleration cost, and all other contractual claims.
- Review tender documents, check and verify letter of Award and contract documentation
- Continuously review contract documents and ensure that company's contractual rights are protected and to advise on same.
- Follow-up contractual requirements such as Construction Performance Guarantees, Insurances and other such documentation.
- Prepare submission to mediation, adjudication and or arbitration
- Communicate with Consultants and Clients on Contractual matters, delays, extension of time, variations, warranties, etc., including co-coordinating same with other departments; attending Site Meetings if required.
Providing legal advice and guidance on all kinds of legal matters
Desired Work Experience
- 5 to 10 years Legal Advisory
Desired Qualification Accreditation
About The Employer
Large government institution in Johannesburg
Employer & Job Benefits
- medical aid
- sick leave
- annual leave
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time